A.J. Amadi, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery
A.J. Amadi, M.D., is a board certified surgeon specializing in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, focusing on the eyelids and periorbital region of the face – including the brow, eyelids, orbit (eye socket), cheek, lower face and neck. Dr. Amadi has over 16 years of surgical experience and is skilled in cosmetic surgery of the eyes, brow, and lower face/neck, as well as functional surgery of the eyelids and tear ducts, reconstructive surgery following trauma or cancer/tumor excisions. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Amadi, a New York native, earned his medical degree from the Upstate Medical University in New York and completed a rigorous residency in Ophthalmology at the New York University Medical Center and prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital in New York City. He then completed a highly regarded Ocular Oncology Fellowship at Harvard Medical School’s Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.
Dr. Amadi moved to Seattle when he was accepted at the University of Washington’s highly sought-after Oculofacial Plastic Surgery two-year fellowship. Upon completion, he was invited to stay on as part of the faculty of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Washington, and subsequently was appointed Director of the Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Fellowship. Dr. Amadi continues to train and provide mentorship for medical students, residents and fellows. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at University of Washington’s Harborview Medical Center where he provides his surgical expertise to treat patients with severe facial injuries from all over the Northwest quadrant of the United States. Dr. Amadi joined the team at Naficy Plastic Surgery & Rejuvenation Center in 2010, and offers patients compassionate care in a safe, warm, clinical setting.
- Bachelor of Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, N.Y.
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York at Syracuse
- Ophthalmology: New York University Medical Center
- Eye Pathology & Ocular Oncology: Harvard Medical School
- Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery : University of Washington Medical Center
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- National Board of Medical Examiners
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Member, Washington Association of Eye Surgeons and Physicians
- Member, Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Medical License
- Hospital Affiliations
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Harborview Medical Center
- Veterans’ Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System
- Children’s Hospital & Regional Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Department of Ophthalmology
- University of Washington
See Dr. Amadi featured on RealSelf